South Korea (Sputnik) – South Korean troops are on full combat alert in order to respond to any North Korea’s provocations following recent missile tests carried out by Pyongyang, South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said Wednesday in a statement.
The South Korean army is “on full combat alert to immediately respond to any provocation by North Korea,” the JCS said as quoted by Yonhap news agency.
“Our armed forces will continue enhancing the ability to deter and respond to nuclear and missile threats of North Korea, and [South Korea] warns that the continuation of reckless provocations will only lead to the collapse of the North Korean regime,” the JCS stressed.
Earlier in the day, North Korea reportedly carried out a ballistic missile launch.
This report prepared by Sputnik.