On Assignment: TFC Marches Against Mainstream Media

10985026_512209002251687_1884564137393733232_nCincinnati, Boston, Chicago, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Houston, Los Angeles – (TFC) – The Fifth Column News was created as an alternative, adversarial media outlet, designed to engage in long-form, investigative journalism that would appeal to audiences across the political spectrum.  With this mission in mind, the editorial board of The Fifth Column News will be on the streets across the country participating in and reporting on March Against Mainstream Media. We join with friends, associates, fellow human beings and other alternative journalists to raise awareness that the corporate run mainstream media is part of the system of corruption and lies.

With 90% of all media outlets owned by only six corporations, it rests upon us, and the remaining 10%, to ensure that Journalism, in contemporary society, holds governments, corporations, and individuals accountable to the facts and to the truth, regardless of any left or right bias.  Or up.  or down.  The Fifth Column seeks to expose corruption and promote Justice, even if that means breaking a law or two.

It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen. ~ Aristotle

Lex iniusta non est lex ~ Thomas Aquinas

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

A free press can, of course, be good or bad, but, most certainly without freedom, the press will never be anything but bad.  ~ Albert Camus

Paramount among the responsibilities of a free press is the duty to prevent any part of the government from deceiving the people and sending them off to distant lands to die of foreign fevers and foreign shot and shell. ~ Hugo Black

Today, TFC will be sharing articles from the last few days on our Facebook and Twitter pages as most of our editorial staff will be at March Against the Mainstream Media events. Regular deprogramming will resume tomorrow. ‪#‎MAMSM‬